Marketing brochures and sales pitches can only tell us so much about a battery company.
But a few simple questions can eliminate costly mistakes – and help you discover which battery companies are worth trusting your business to.
1. “How long has your battery technology been tested and proven in the field?”
2. “How long has your company been in business?”
3. "Have you filed for bankruptcy recently?”
4. Did my distributor/salesperson/installer account for a maximum 50% Depth of Discharge?
5. Are their website, spec sheets, warranty documentation, and install guides in-depth and professionally written?
6. “Do I need to buy a standalone Battery Management System (BMS) just to use your batteries?”BMS can be great. But some battery technologies cannot operate safely without it -- and that’s an out-of-pocket cost that might not be listed when you sign on the dotted line.
7. “Can you share case studies – or introduce me to a few customers who are happy with your batteries and service?”
Have more questions about your next battery company?