Don’t like late flights or traffic jams on the way to RE+? Want to see some of the presentations we’re most excited about?
In the next few minutes, you’ll learn proven strategies and hacks that make your visit stress-free and productive, including:
- Flight-booking tips to avoid missed connections
- A little-known way to book convenient hotel rooms at a discount
- Simple strategies to connect with your network – and get the most out of the show
- Where to eat during the show
- Which seminars and presentations you don’t want to miss
Make (or Confirm) Your Travel Plans
RE+ includes Solar Power International, and it takes place from September 19-22, 2022, at the Anaheim Convention Center in California.
If you’ve already booked your flight into Los Angeles, be sure to forward it to people who might need it (your team, a significant other, etc.).
And if you haven’t booked your flights yet, experts recommend flying in early and returning in the morning after the show, or later. This helps avoid the airport rush – and reduces the frustration of flight cancellations. It also frees up your time for last-minute connections and meet-ups with contacts you missed earlier.
Watch out for the 405:
People love LA’s beaches, attractions, food and drinks, amusement parks, movie sets, and culture.
But we’re betting nobody loves Interstate 405; it’s one of the world’s largest parking lots.
If your ride from the airport to SPI/your hotel includes the 405, add a large buffer for traffic jams. (During rush hour, this could be several hours.)
SPI is more fun when you aren’t driving across town to get there every morning.
And fortunately, there’s still time to book a hotel room in a convenient location. (The deadline is August 26, 2022, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.)
The event’s sponsors have reserved blocks of rooms at nearby hotels at a low rate: re-plus.com/housing/
Before booking, check whether your company already reserved discounted rooms – or requires booking through an agency or another special arrangement.
Waiting in long lines isn’t relaxing – and neither is spending half an hour searching for an open seat/table.
So, your best bet for convenience will be one of the on-site cafes. (Click here for a map.)
Other restaurants within walking distance include:
- nFuse Restaurant, Bar & Lounge (open 6:30 am – midnight) – serves upscale breakfast and bar food; make reservations here
- Slice Pizza – located in the Anaheim Marriott, Slice is known for its tasty, thin-crust personal pizzas
Consider networking events and social media:
If you want to meet interesting people from your network and your industry, there are opportunities throughout the trade show. (Find out more on RE+’s site, here.)
And right now, is the perfect time to drop a personal email to your favorite customers, sales reps, vendors, and partners – and see if they’d like to meet up in person.
Here are a few ways to expand your reach even farther:
- Add a banner to your company’s website
- Tweet to your followers
- Spread the word on social media that you’ll be at RE+ in Anaheim
Click here for the RE+ exhibitor toolkit, which includes social media banners and sample tweets.
Decide which seminars you want to attend:
You’re spoiled for choice with this year’s educational and on for seminars.
And you don’t have to comb through more than 100 presentation descriptions – because we’ve hand selected some of the most compelling seminars and events for your consideration:
Monday, September 19, 2022:
- 101: U.S. Energy Storage Market Opportunities in 2022 and Beyond - A Practical Guide to Understand & Leverage the Full Potential (This four-hour workshop is a separate charge) 8 AM - noon
- Kickstarting Decarbonization Plans for Corporate Buyers and Utilities (Additional Ticket Required; this four-hour workshop is a separate charge) 8 AM - noon
- Annual Golf Tournament at the Tustin Ranch Golf Club (Ticket purchase required) - 8 AM - 1 PM
- Meet up opportunity at First Timers Event 4 PM - 5 PM
- Opening Reception Networking Event (Ticket purchase required) 6:30 PM - 8 PM
Tuesday, September 20, 2022:
- Run with the 5K (Ticket purchase required) – 6 AM
- Interconnection Queue Reform for Renewable Energy Development 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Winning the Race: The Electrification of Everything 11 AM - noon
- 2023 NEC Changes Affecting PV and Energy Storage System 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Going Bigger: Navigating Growth as Large-Scale Solar and Energy Storage Powers Up 1 PM - 1:30 PM
- Engaging Battery Programs that Drive Renewables 3:30 PM - 4 PM
- Women in Renewable Energy Reception (Ticket purchase required) 4:30 PM - 6 PM
- Block Party at Angels Stadium (Ticket purchase required) 7:00pm – 10:00pm
Wednesday, September 21, 2022:
- RE+ Tech Funders breakfast (Ticket purchase required) 9 AM - 9:15 AM
- Battery Safety and Maintenance 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- The Pathway to Cutting Residential Emissions 50% by 2030 10:30 AM - 11 AM
- Grid Modernization and Resilience 11 AM - noon
- Energy Storage System and Battery Codes and Standards 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM
And be sure to visit Crown Battery at Booth #3204 anytime!
If you’re interested in renewable energy storage, you don’t want to miss Crown Battery’s Power Meetings. During these presentations, storage experts and installers dive into key industry trends and strategies. And there’ll be plenty of time for Q&A. (Booth #3204)