Whether you’re an SPI regular or first-timer, these strategies and hacks will help you make your visit stress-free and productive:
● Flight-booking tips to avoid missed connections
● A little-known way to book convenient hotel rooms at a discount
● Simple strategies to connect with your network – and get the most out of the show
● Where to eat during the show
● Hand-selected seminars on energy storage
Make (or Confirm) Your Travel Plans
Solar Power International takes place from September 23-26, 2019 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
If you’ve already booked your flight into Salt Lake City, be sure to forward it to people who might need it (i.e., anyone on your team).
And if you haven’t booked your flight yet, experts recommend flying back home the morning after the show, or later. This helps avoid the airport rush. It also frees up your time for last-minute connections and meet-ups with contacts you missed earlier.
Salt Lake City is far more walkable than many previous venues for Solar Power International.
You can see the list of Smart Energy Week Hotels here.
Before booking, check whether your company has already reserved discounted rooms – or requires booking through an agency or another special arrangement.
Nobody wants to wait in long lines – or spend half an hour searching for an open seat/table. Your best bet for convenience will be one of the on-site cafes. (Click here for a map.)
Restaurants within walking distance are listed in Where to Eat at SPI 2019
Reach Out to Your Network:
Whether you’re an attendee or an exhibitor, you’ll be surrounded by interesting people from your network and your industry. Consider attending networking and special events (find out more on SPI’s site, here).
It’s the perfect time to drop a personal email to your favorite customers, sales reps, vendors, and partners – and see if they’d like to meet up.
Here are a few ways to expand your reach even further:
● Add a banner to your company’s website
● Tweet to your followers
● Spread the word on social media that you’ll be at SPI in Salt Lake City.
Click here SPI’s exhibitor toolkit, which includes social media banners and sample tweets.
There’s also a variety of longer educational and on-floor seminars you might find interesting at SPI 2019.
You can invite coworkers, vendors, and business contacts to join you – a great way to stay connected and learn more.
Of course, you’ll get the most out of the show if you put your top picks on your calendar.
Monday, September 23:
● WORKSHOP: Microgrid Workshop: The Role of Microgrids in the Evolving “Grid of Grids” (8 AM to 4:30 PM, 253A) – additional ticket required
● WORKSHOP: Solar 101 (2 PM to 4:30 PM, 251C) - additional ticket required
● Welcome Networking Event (Ticketed Event) 6:30pm – 8:00pm in the Arena Plaza
Tuesday, September 24:
● Know Before You Go! Exploring the Changing World of Energy Storage Codes and Standards (9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, 250E)
● Customer Acquisition: The Hidden Key to Community Solar (11 AM to noon, 251C)
● Best Practices in Behind the Meter Energy Storage (1 PM 2:20 PM, 250E)
● Block Party from 7 PM to 10 PM at Gallivan Center (Ticketed Event)
Wednesday, September 25:
● Run with the 5K (Ticketed Event, 6 AM to 8 AM at Memory Grove Park
● Achieving 100% Clean Energy (9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, 250A)
● Defending Our PV System from Cyberattacks (11:30 AM to noon, 250A)
● Women in Solar and Storage Luncheon (noon to 1:30 PM in Meeting Room 355, Ticketed Event)
● The Great Debate: Grid Modernization for a Clean Energy Future (2:30 PM to 3:30 PM, 250A)
● PV + Storage - A Path to Reliable, Fully Dispatchable Solar 11:30am – 12:00pm
● You Will Go Bankrupt Unless you Know This: Codes and Standards 11:00am – 11:30am (204B)
Thursday, September 26:
● WORKSHOP: Battery Storage for Co-ops and Munis (12:30 p.m. to 4:30 PM, 253A) – additional ticket required.
And be sure to visit Crown Battery at Booth #2601! DON’T MISS OUR EXTENSIVE (AND QUICK) POWER MEETINGS -- CLICK HERE FOR THE EVENT SCHEDULE.