The right batteries can deliver longer life, lower maintenance, and reduce costs – and help ensure you have power when you need it….
But batteries aren’t made equal, and there is no one-size-fits-all technology.
So how do you find out which batteries are best for your renewable energy/off-grid application?
In this article for Solar Power World, Crown Battery’s John Connell reveals:
- Which types of batteries you never want in a renewable energy system (starter batteries of any chemistry)
- What’s best for you? Key benefits of flooded batteries versus valve regulated lead acid (VRLA) batteries
- Little-known differences in lead and pasting that can dramatically increase battery life
- Curing oven secrets for improved performance and longevity
- How a 1950s strap-assembly process can mean lower liability, more corrosion, and more failure points (and how to avoid it)
- 4 advanced quality control checks many manufacturers skip