Whether this is your first time at MODEX or you’re a regular...
... these tips and hacks will help you prepare for your visit, stress-free.
Make (or Confirm) Your Travel Plans
MODEX 2018 takes place April 9th through 12th, 2018 at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center.
If you’ve already booked your flight into Atlanta, be sure to forward it to people who might need it (anyone on your team, a significant other, etc.).
And if you haven’t booked your flight yet, experts recommend flying back home the morning after the show, or later.
That way, you’ll avoid rushing to the airport – and have more time to make last-minute connections and meet up with contacts you missed earlier.
You can still get a great room – and a convenient location.
Be sure to check whether your company has reserved discounted rooms or has other special arrangements, too.
Nobody wants to wait in long lines – or spend half an hour searching for an open seat/table.
If you want a done-for-you lunch and space to network, consider buying meal tickets and/or reserving a table at the MODEX BISTRO:
We haven’t eaten there, but it looks promising. (Open 11:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Thursday of the show.)
Reach Out to Your Network
Whether you’re exhibiting or just attending, you’ll be surrounded by interesting people from your network and your industry.
It’s the perfect time to let your favorite customers, sales reps, vendors, and partners know you’ll be attending the show.
Just drop a personal email to see if they’d like to meet up.
And you can expand your reach by adding a banner to your company’s website, tweeting to your followers, and using social media to spread the word that you’ll be at MODEX in Atlanta.
Decide Which Seminars You're Interested In
There’s a variety of educational, on-floor seminars and networking events at MODEX 2018.
You’ll get the most out of the show if you put your top picks in your calendar.
You can even invite coworkers, vendors, and business contacts to join you – a great way to stay connected and learn more.
Here are a few hand-selected seminars/events you might find interesting:
- Monday, April 9:
- 10 Steps to Improve Operational Efficiency – 12:00pm – 12:45pm (Theater G)
- Interactive Continuous Improvement Workshop (ft., Lean, Six Sigma, & Kaizen) – 3:45pm – 4:30pm (Theater H)
- Tuesday, April 10:
- Harnessing Our Digital Future – 8:45am – 9:45am
- CSS of MHI Presents: Impacts of E-Commerce on the Material Handling Industry – 10:30am – 11:15am (Theater E)
- Wednesday, April 11
- Applying Innovations in Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems to Material Handling – 10:30am – 11:15am (Theater I)
- MHI Industry Night With Comedian Jim Gaffigan – 4:30pm – 7:00pm (NOTE: Separate admission)
- Thursday, April 12
- Beating Murphy’s Law When Implementing Warehouse Technology – 12:00pm – 12:45pm (Theater C)
Visit Us at Booth #B2926!
Want more tactics and tips to make the most of MODEX 2018?
Be sure to check out our free mini guide to the tradeshow – including the easiest ways to create a plan and little-known ways to save time and money on transportation: