Are you a SPI regular – or is this your first time?
Either way, you’re about to learn strategies and hacks will help you make your visit stress-free and productive, including:
- Flight-booking tips to avoid missed connections
- A little-known way to book convenient hotel rooms at a discount
- Simple strategies to connect with your network – and get the most out of the show
- Where to eat during the show
- Hand-selected seminars on energy storage
Make (or Confirm) Your Travel Plans
Solar Power International takes place from September 24-27, 2018 at the Anaheim Convention
Center in California.
If you’ve already booked your flight into Los Angeles, be sure to forward it to people who might need it (anyone on your team, a significant other, etc.).
And if you haven’t booked your flight yet, experts recommend flying back home the morning after the show, or later. This helps avoid the airport rush. It also frees up your time for last-minute connections and meet-ups with contacts you missed earlier.
Beware the 405:
LA is loved for many things, from its sights, food, and movie scene to the culture, attractions, and beaches.
And then there’s Interstate 405 – one of the world’s largest parking lots.
If your ride from the airport to SPI/your hotel includes the 405, add a large buffer for traffic jams. (During rush hour, this could be several hours.)
Let’s face it: You don’t want a hotel room so far from the event that you spend hours in traffic each day.
Fortunately, there’s still time to book a hotel room in a convenient location. (The deadline is August 27, 2018 at 11:59 pm PT.)
SPI and Energy Storage International have reserved blocks of rooms at nearby hotels at a low rate: https://www.solarpowerinternational.com/attend/housing/
Before booking, check whether your company has already reserved discounted rooms – or requires booking through an agency or another special arrangement.
Nobody wants to wait in long lines – or spend half an hour searching for an open seat/table.
Your best bet for convenience will be one of the on-site cafes. You can find them in three locations along the floor (Click here for a map.)
Restaurants within walking distance include:
- nFuse Restaurant, Bar & Lounge (open 6:30am – 1:00am) – serves upscale breakfast and bar food; make reservations here
- Slice Pizza – located in the Anaheim Marriott, Slice is known for its tasty, thin crust personal pizzas
Whether you’re an attendee or an exhibitor, you’ll be surrounded by interesting people from your network and your industry.
Consider attending networking and special events (find out more on SPI’s site, here).
It’s the perfect time to drop a personal email to your favorite customers, sales reps, vendors, and partners – and see if they’d like to meet up.
Here are a few ways to expand your reach even farther:
- Add a banner to your company’s website
- Tweet to your followers
- Spread the word on social media that you’ll be at SPI in Anaheim
Click here for SPI’s exhibitor toolkit, which includes social media banners and sample tweets.
Decide Which Seminars You’re Interested In:
For the first time, Crown Battery is hosting our own Power Meetings – informal events where we dive into key industry trends and strategies. There’ll be plenty of time for
Q&A, too. (Visit us at Booth #3204 for more.)
There’s also a variety of longer educational and on-floor seminars at SPI 2018.
You can invite coworkers, vendors, and business contacts to join you – a great way to stay connected and learn more.
Of course, you’ll get the most out of the show if you put your top picks in your calendar.
Here are a few hand-selected seminars/events you might find interesting:
Monday, September 24:
- Energy Storage 101 8:00am – 12:00pm – NOTE: This four-hour workshop is a separate charge (204B)
- Energy Storage 102 12:30pm – 4:30pm – NOTE: This four-hour workshop is a separate charge (204B)
- Welcome Networking Event (Ticketed Event) 6:30pm – 8:00pm in the Arena Plaza
Tuesday, September 25:
- Expectations for the Economics of Energy Storage 9:30am – 10:30am
- Market Outlook on Solar and Storage 9:30am – 10:30am (206AB)
- Energy Storage: Technical Design for Markets Beyond Net-Metering 9:00am – 1:00pm – NOTE: This four-hour workshop is a separate charge
- Block Party 7:00pm – 10:00pm – Located at House of Blues
- PV + Storage - A Path to Reliable, Fully Dispatchable Solar 11:30am – 12:00pm
- You Will Go Bankrupt Unless you Know This: Codes and Standards 11:00am – 11:30am (204B)
And be sure to visit Crown Battery at Booth #3204 anytime!